Bootcamps in Maroubra Beach and Rushcutters Bay
Why bootcamp training works?
Our bootcamp programs are designed to be efficient, fun and fast paced. The combination of interval training and strength training are proven to help you get the lean and toned body you want.
The science behind what we do is what makes this work.
Mixing it up between cardio and strength training is essential for weight loss because you need the fat burning cardio paired with the muscle building training to get the results you want.
The science behind what we do
We aim to increase your resting metabolic rate (RMR) and your muscle mass which is the single most effective way of burning fat.
- Work big muscle groups to burn more calories in a short space of time
- Raise RMR for up to 24 hours which is the best way to increase your fat burning potential, as RMR accounts for 65-75% of calories burnt.
- Increasing lean muscle mass will increase the calories you burn as well as your metabolism. We lose 2-4% of our lean muscle mass every 10 years after the age of 25, so strength training is a critical part of staying healthy.
The magic of high intensity interval training
This is in the intensity! High intensity workouts increase the ‘after-burn effect’ - how many calories you burn through after your workout. After a high intensity workout, your body does a number of things;
- Regulate body temperature.
- Return cardiovascular and respiratory systems to rest.
- Replenish glycogen stores in muscles.
- Begin protein synthesis and use hormones to
- Return body to an anabolic state.
- Return body to homeostasis
And your body burns calories to do this. The more intense the workout – the greater the ‘after-burn’!
What to expect at bootcamp
The great thing about bootcamps is that you're moving constantly, at a rapid pace, which burns hundreds of calories, usually between 500 to 600 per session giving you a full body workout.
We focus on different parts of your body on different days – depending on the bootcamp timetable. So Thursdays may be Abs, Butt and Thighs day and then Wednesday will work your upper body – Arms, Abs and Back with a boxing workout.
Come and find your inner lion!
Join a WAMH Fitness bootcamp that is fun and supportive. We are at local parks in Maroubra, Malabar, Chifley and Rushcutters Bay. Whether you’re here for a day or committed to years, we’ve got exactly what you need.